- It doesn’t have a laughter track.
- The characters are a diverse mix of people.
- However, their diversity does not provide the basis for individual characters’ plot lines. (Ahem, Modern Family…)
- Andy Samberg’s face. Enough said.
- It’s super quotable. I don’t know how many times my friends and I have said ‘samesies’ or ‘for reals’. Although I have to admit that I have never found a situation where it’s appropriate to say ‘When it comes to shooting patterns, I like to go PB&J. Penis, Brain, Jaw.’ I have high hopes for the future, though…
- The pose Boyle does in the theme tune.
- Several SNL cast members do cameos. Remember in Season One, when Jake and Amy do door to door searches in a block of flats? And that weird guy that Jake dances with? Fred Armisen, for those that didn’t notice. (And obviously Bill Hader appears at the start of Season Three.)